Dr. Tara Tappuni is a certified Invisalign dentist providing Invisalign treatment for adults and teens in Thornhill, Vaughan and North York, Toronto. Dr. Tappuni has significant experience treating challenging cases with Invisalign and producing great results. Check out our smile gallery to see some of our cases at www.tappunidental.com/SmileGallery.html. If you would like to find out how Invisalign can change your smile forever, come in for a free consultation.
"Invisalign has become the solution for so many people that would like to straighten their teeth safely and effectively but don't want to go through braces. I am excited with every patient about their Invisalign treatment because I know it's going to make such an amazing difference," Tara Tappuni D.D.S.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern approach to straightening teeth without unsightly braces. It uses a custom-made series of aligners made for you and only you. Wearing the aligners will gradually shift your teeth into place according to a treatment plan that we prescribe for you. There are no metal wires, no metal brackets, and none of the discomfort associated with regular braces. You simply pop in a new set of aligners every two weeks and you will be on your way to achieving a healthy and beautiful smile. All the while, no one will know you are straightening your teeth!
How does it work?
- A treatment plan is formulated based on your treatment expectations and Dr. Tappuni's assessment of your teeth and bite.
- Impressions, X-rays and pictures are taken of your teeth and sent to Invisalign.
- Align Technology uses proprietary 3-D imaging technology to produce a 3-D virtual representation of your teeth from the impressions and X-rays.
- Your 3-D virtual teeth are loaded into Align Technology software that allows us to visualize and plan the movements of your teeth, show expected final results and track the movements of teeth during treatment.
- The treatment planning phase is critical to the success of Invisalign treatment, and often involves several iterations of collaboration between Dr. Tappuni and Align Technology technicians. It is here that Dr. Tappuni uses her knowledge of biomechanics and experience to ensure that the aligners are well designed.
- Once Dr. Tappuni is happy with the alignment plan she will order your aligners.
- Each set of aligners are worn for two weeks. Average treatment time is 8 month to 1 year. You will have to visit us every 6 weeks for a short checkup to make sure that all treatment is progressing as planned.
Advantages of Invisalign:
- Invisalign is clear. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment.
- Invisalign allows you to brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene thereby eliminating plaque buildup, periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Invisalign is completely free of wires, rubber bands and metal. Patients experience less dental irritation and require fewer adjustments
- The Invisalign process has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices worldwide.